Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

LA BAUHAUS, DE DESSAU A ULM: ENSAYOS SOBRE EL ESPACIO DOCENTE DE ALTO RENDIMIENTO

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): Rosa María Añón Abajas

Journal: Proyecto, Progreso, Arquitectura
ISSN 2171-6897

Issue: 1;
Start page: 26;
Date: 2010;
Original page

Keywords: Arquitectura moderna | escuelas de arquitectura | espacio docente | Bauhaus | Hochschule für Gestaltum de Ulm | Max Bill

ABSTRACT
RESUMEN Revisando la Bauhaus desde su consolidación y su clímax en Dessau, se enuncia la necesidad de hacer una observación más detenida de esta arquitectura en su lugar y alguna consideración sobre cómo se aprovecha el edificio como instrumento didáctico. Se repasan antecedentes y sobre todo consecuentes que reconocen el edificio de Dessau como una obra ejemplar. A través de la obra de Hannes Meyer, se observan discrepancias con la idea de arquitectura de Gropius y se encuentra el enlace con la experiencia de la Holtschule Für Gestaltum en Ulm, ideada y realizada por Max Bill como soporte de un proyecto docente emprendido en el año 1950 que pretendía reanimar en Alemania el espíritu de la Bauhaus, truncado por la Segunda Guerra Mundial. La escuela de Ulm empezó a funcionar en 1955, al tiempo que se construía su edificio. En pocos años la polémica entre artistas y técnicos provocó el abandono de Max Bill en 1957. A duras penas, la HfG sobrevivió hasta 1968. El edificio sí ha permanecido.SUMMARY In reviewing the Bauhaus, from its consolidation and its climax in Dessau, there is a need to formulate a more lengthy observation of this architecture and to recognize how the building was used as a didactic instrument. Histories may be revised, but they consistently recognize the Dessau building as an exemplary work. Discrepancies with Gropius’s idea of architecture are seen through the work of Hannes Meyer and the link is found with the experience of the Holtschule für Gestaltum (HfG – School of Design) in Ulm. This school was devised and executed by Max Bill in support of an educational project, undertaken in 1950, that tried to reanimate the spirit of the Bauhaus in Germany, which had been cut short by World War II. The Ulm school started operations in 1955 when the building was constructed. Within a few years, the controversy between artists and technicians caused the departure of Max Bill in 1957. With great difficulty, the HfG survived until 1968. The building has survived.
Why do you need a reservation system?      Save time & money - Smart Internet Solutions