Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

BIOPSIAS CORE DEL HOSPITAL PADRE HURTADO

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): Bárbara Monje R | Heriberto Wenzel K | José M Nuñez A | Patricia Sanhueza S | Claudia Hernández R

Journal: Revista Chilena de Radiología
ISSN 0717-201X

Volume: 13;
Issue: 1;
Start page: 31;
Date: 2007;
Original page

Keywords: Biopsia core | Cáncer de mama | Ultrasonografía mamaria | Breast cancer | Breast ultrasound | US-guided core biopsy

ABSTRACT
El objetivo de nuestro estudio fue dar a conocer la experiencia en biopsias core de la Unidad de Imagenología del Hospital Padre Hurtado. Se revisaron retrospectivamente fichas de pacientes sometidas a core durante los años 2005 y primer semestre del 2006, registrando antecedentes importantes, resultados mamográficos, ultrasonográficos, de biopsias core y quirúrgicas, cuando existían. La población fue de 37 mujeres con edad promedio de 49,8 ± 11,0 años. La principal indicación de core fue la presencia de un nódulo sólido (91,7%); el 67,6% de estas biopsias resultaron benignas y 32,4% indicaron malignidad. 15 mujeres fueron sometidas a biopsias quirúrgicas, todas aquellas con core indicativas de malignidad (12), y 3 con core benignas. Sólo dos biopsias quirúrgicas no fueron concordantes con sus core, dando un coeficiente de correlación de Spearman de 0,72 (alta), p = 0,0001. La biopsia core en nuestro hospital demostró una alta correlación con la biopsia quirúrgica y fue de gran utilidad, evitando cirugías innecesarias de lesiones benignasThe objective of our study was to describe the experience in US-guided core biopsy of the Radiology Department of Hospital Padre Hurtado. Case files of women that had undergone core biopsy during 2005 and the first semester of 2006 were retrospectively reviewed, obtaining basic demographic data, mammography and ultrasound reports, and results of core biopsy and surgical biopsy, when these were available. Our study population consisted of 37 women with a mean age of 49.8 ± 11.0 years. The main indication for core biopsy was breast nodule (91.7%). A 67.6% of core biopsies were benign and the remaining 32.4% were indicative of malignancy. 15 women had surgical excisions, all of those with indicative malignant core biopsies (12), and 3 with benign ones. Only two surgical biopsies were not consistent with their previous core, with a Spearman correlation coefficient of 0.72 (high), p = 0.0001. Core biopsy at Hospital Padre Hurtado showed high correlation with surgical biopsy, and, was useful avoiding unnecessary surgeries of benign lesions
Save time & money - Smart Internet Solutions      Why do you need a reservation system?