Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

Demographic Vulnerability of Rural Settlements in the Someş Plateau

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): VICTOR SOROCOVSCHI | CSABA HORVÁTH | ŞTEFAN BILAŞCO

Journal: Romanian Review of Regional Studies
ISSN 1841-1576

Volume: VII;
Issue: 1;
Start page: 43;
Date: 2011;
VIEW PDF   PDF DOWNLOAD PDF   Download PDF Original page

Keywords: Rural areas | Demographic vulnerability | Someş Plateau

ABSTRACT
The different geographical characteristics allowed the differentiation of multiple subunits in the Someş Plateau. From the 219 identified rural settlements, 16% are commune centers and the remaining 84% are related villages. In the assessment of the demographic vulnerability of rural settlements, there are several criteria of which the number of inhabitants is one of the most important. Certainly, determining the appropriate interval of each vulnerability degree has a subjective character depending on the characteristics of the settlements. In the Someş Plateau, four degrees of demographic vulnerability were differenced according to the number of inhabitants: low (over 1000 inhabitants), medium (501-1000 inhabitants), high (between 101 and 500 inhabitants) and extreme (below 100 inhabitants). A common feature in all geographic subdivisions is that the share of settlements with high vulnerability is the largest.
Affiliate Program      Why do you need a reservation system?