Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

Evaluation of dermatological disorders among admittances to a 112 emergency services in a year

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): Kemal Özyurt | Selim Bozkurt | Perihan Öztürk | Halit Baykan | Mehmet Okumuş

Journal: Journal of Clinical and Experimental Investigations
ISSN 1309-8578

Volume: 4;
Issue: 1;
Start page: 47;
Date: 2013;
VIEW PDF   PDF DOWNLOAD PDF   Download PDF Original page

Keywords: 112 Emergency Services | dermatological emergencies | unnecessary calls.

ABSTRACT
Objective: This study aimed to determine the clinicalcharacteristics of the patients admitted to 112 emergencyservices with dermatological disorders in Kayseri city in2011.Methods: Data were obtained from the records of EmergencyHealth Care Services Department. Dermatologicalreasons for calling the 112 emergency services and dermatologicalcases diagnosed by physicians of 112 emergencyservices were recorded. Kayseri has a populationfor about 1.25 million. Kayseri 112 emergency servicescontain 45 physicians, 224 healthcare personnel.Results: In 2011, 2 405 367 calls were occurred in Kayseri,112 Emergency Service. Of these calls 920 502(37.5%) real and necessary calls and the rest 1 484 865(62.5%) were unnecessary calls. A total of 52472 (5.7%of real calls) cases were determined in real calls. Of thecases, 600 (1.14 % of real calls) patients with dermatologicaldisorders were observed. The most commondermatological reason for calling the 112 emergency serviceswas other insect bite (396 calls, 66%) and the mostdiagnosed dermatological case was other insect bite (396cases, 66%). Total number of calls about burn were 131(21,8 %), pruritus were 29 (4.83%), skin wound or infection18 (3%), bee bite 17 (2.83%), scorpion bite 9 (1.5%).Conclusion: Dermatological disorders in 112 EmergencyService are not rare. Further studies are needed involvingthe 112 Emergency Service and Emergency Departmentsin hospitals. J Clin Exp Invest 2013; 4 (1): 47-50Key words: 112 Emergency Services, dermatological emergencies, unnecessary calls.
Why do you need a reservation system?      Save time & money - Smart Internet Solutions