Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

Infections agents found in 12 CGD patients

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): Etemadi H | Haghi Ashtiani MT | Aziz Soltani M

Journal: Iranian Journal of Pediatrics
ISSN 2008-2142

Volume: 11;
Issue: 1;
Start page: 16;
Date: 2001;
Original page

Keywords: aspergillus fumigates

ABSTRACT
specimens of infectious material obtained from 12 cases of chronic granulomatous disease (10 boys and 2 girls) aged 3-6 years were examined for bacteriologic findings. 48% of the cultures were negative for bacteria, in the remaining 52% bacteria were isolated in the following incidence: Salmonella sp 10.5%, Klebsiella sp 10.5%, staph aureus 9.52%, E.coli 7.52%, aspergillus fumigatus 4.52%, strep pneumoniae, a-hemolytic streptococci, mycobacterium tuberculosis and candida albicans each 2.52%, staph epidermidis, actinomyces, pseudomonas aeroginosa and enterococcus sp each 1.52%

Tango Jona
Tangokurs Rapperswil-Jona

     Save time & money - Smart Internet Solutions