Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

The Residence of the Vilnius Society of Friends of Science Vilniaus mokslo bičiulių draugijos buveinė

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): Henryka Ilgiewicz

Journal: Evolution of Science and Technology
ISSN 2029-2430

Volume: 1;
Issue: 2;
Start page: 231;
Date: 2011;
Original page

Keywords: The Vilnius Society of Friends of Science | the residence of the Vilnius Society of Friends of Science | the library of the Vilnius Society of Friends of Science | the museum of the Vilnius Society of Friends of Science

ABSTRACT
In 1907–1939, the Society of Friends of Science (Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Nauk w Wilnie) in Vilnius possessed two residences. In 1907–1913, the society was located in a house donated by count Józef Przeździecki in Naujininkai suburb (Nowy Świat) while in 1913–1939, it moved to his own house on Tilto (Mostowa, further J. Lelewela, T. Narbuto, K. Poželos, Goštauto) street. The house was designed by Henryk Wojnicki and Jan Trojan, started in 1910–1913 and finished in 1928–1929. The building was built in the neoclassicism style and looked much the same as a country seat of a nobleman. There were a rich library of scientific literature and a museum in the house. These were the places of delivering lectures, arranging meetings for Society members and having celebrations and were attended not only by the members of the Society but also by students, teachers and all inhabitants of Vilnius interested in science and culture.  Therefore, the residence of the Society was an important place of culture and contributed to educating the inhabitants of Vilnius city. During World War II, after the incorporation of Vilnius into the Republic of Lithuania, the Society and other Polish organizations were proclaimed as non existing de jure and their property was transferred to different Lithuanian institutions. Article in LithuanianVilniaus mokslo bičiulių draugija (Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Nauk w Wilnie), veikusi 1907–1939 m., turėjo dvi buveines. 1907–1913 m. draugija buvo įsikūrusi grafo Józefo Przeździeckio dovanotame name Naujininkuose (Nowy Świat, tuometinis Vilniaus priemiestis), o 1913–1939 m. nuosavame naujai pastatytame name Tilto (Mostowa, vėliau – J. Lelevelio, T. Narbuto, K. Požėlos, Goštauto) gatvėje. Draugijos namo projektą parengė inžinieriai Henrykas Wojnickis ir Janas Trojanas. Jų suprojektuotas kuklus dviejų aukštų neoklasicizmo stiliaus pastatas primena bajorų dvarelį. Namas buvo statomas 1910–1913 m., o visiškai baigtas 1928–1929 m. Draugijos pastate veikė turtinga mokslinės literatūros biblioteka ir muziejus, buvo skaitomos paskaitos, vyko draugijos posėdžiai ir iškilmingi minėjimai, kuriuose dalyvaudavo ne tik draugijos nariai, bet ir studentai, mokytojai bei visi mokslu ir kultūra besidomintys vilniečiai. Taip Vilniaus mokslo bičiulių draugija tapo svarbiu kultūros židiniu ir prisidėjo prie vilniečių švietimo, jų estetinio ir kultūrinio lavinimo. Antrojo pasaulinio karo metais, Vilnių grąžinus Lietuvai, Vilniaus mokslų bičiulių draugija, kaip ir visos kitos lenkiškas įstaigos ir organizacijas, buvo paskelbta juridiškai neegzistuojančia, o jos turtas atiteko įvairioms lietuviškoms įstaigoms. Straipsnis lietuvių kalba

Tango Rapperswil
Tango Rapperswil

     Save time & money - Smart Internet Solutions