Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

REVIEW OF 103 CASES OF MINOR SALIVARY GLAND TUMORS

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): Yousef Valizadeh | Mohammad-Ali Mohagheghi

Journal: Acta Medica Iranica
ISSN 0044-6025

Volume: 33;
Issue: 1-2;
Start page: 22;
Date: 1995;
Original page

ABSTRACT
FromIerz to 1992, 518 cases ojsalivary gland tumors (major andminor) were registered in the Department of Surgical Pathology of Cancer Institute. Of these, 103 cases were minor tumors (56 female and 44 male). Three cases were excluded from the study because of the controversy regarding tlteir diagnoses. TIre most common pathology was mixed tumor (69%) (benign pleomorphic adenoma) and the remaining 31%, were malignant There were 20% adenoid cystic carcinoma and 7% mucoepidermoid carcinoma, with only 3% (or 3 cases) malignant mixed tumor, and finaUy 1% observed as acinic cell adenocarcinoma. The most common anatomic sites a/these tumors were tlte hard and soft palate of 36% and 17%, respectively.
Affiliate Program     

Tango Jona
Tangokurs Rapperswil-Jona