Academic Journals Database
Disseminating quality controlled scientific knowledge

Conhecimento sobre a influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 entre indivíduos vacinados no Centro Universitário Metodista IPA, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul =Knowledge about influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 by individuals vaccinated at the IPA Metodist University Center, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul

ADD TO MY LIST
 
Author(s): Pastore, Ana Paula Winter | Prates, Cibeli | Gutierrez, Lucila Ludmila P.

Journal: Scientia Medica
ISSN 1806-5562

Volume: 22;
Issue: 4;
Start page: 197;
Date: 2012;
Original page

Keywords: INFLUENZA HUMANA | INFLUENZA A-H1N1 | VACINAÇÃO

ABSTRACT
Objetivos: Avaliar o conhecimento e traçar o perfil da população vacinada contra o vírus influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 no Centro Universitário Metodista IPA, após uma ação educativa e interdisciplinar em saúde realizada na instituição. Métodos: Foram elegíveis para o estudo todos os indivíduos que buscaram a vacinação para influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 que foi aplicada na instituição. Os dados foram coletados através de questionário, após a pessoa aceitar participar do estudo e assinar o Termo de Consentimento Livre e Esclarecido. O questionário abordava aspectos demográficos e de saúde e continha questões relativas ao conhecimento sobre a influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 e a respectiva vacina. Resultados: Do total de 269 pessoas vacinadas no Centro Universitário Metodista IPA, incluindo professores, alunos e colaboradores, 82 indivíduos (30%) aceitaram participar do estudo. Entre os participantes, 70% responderam corretamente às questões sobre a influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 e os métodos preventivos. As idades situaram-se entre 19 e 39 anos, sendo 58,5% mulheres e 57,4% estudantes (73,2% com ensino superior incompleto). Do total, 58,6% estavam hígidos e 80,5% não fumavam. Conclusões: Os dados podem refletir a eficiência das ações educativas e a provável influência do local (centro universitário) e período (pandemia) de realização da vacinação no conhecimento sobre a gripe A e sua vacina. Aims: To assess the knowledge and profile of the population vaccinated against influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus in IPA Methodist University, after an educational and interdisciplinary health action carried out at the institution. Methods: All individuals seeking vaccination for influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 that was applied in the institution were eligible for the study. Data were collected through a questionnaire, after signing the informed consent. The questionnaire addressed the following aspects: gender, age, education, health problems, continued use of any drug, smoking and others. It also contained questions relating to prior knowledge about influenza A (what it is, symptoms, means of prevention, transmission, differences between seasonal flu and influenza, who should get the vaccine, side effects). Results: Out of 269 people vaccinated at IPA Methodist University Center, including teachers, students and coworkers, 82 individuals (30%) agreed to participate in the study. Among the participants, 70% responded correctly to the questions about influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 and its preventive methods. Their ages ranged from 19 to 39 years, with 58. 5% women and 57. 4% students (73. 2% with incomplete higher education). Of the total, 58. 6% were healthy and 80. 5% were nonsmokers. Conclusion: These data may reflect the effectiveness of educational programs and the probable influence of location (university center) and timing (during a pandemics) of vaccination.
RPA Switzerland

Robotic Process Automation Switzerland

    

Tango Rapperswil
Tango Rapperswil